The Name of the Doctor is the thirteeth and final episode in Doctor Who's seventh series. The Doctor's greatest secret which for years the silence have tried to stop is finally revealed and so is Clara's. In danger is the Doctor's past, present and future.
|The Name of the Doctor (239)|
|Written by:||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by:||Saul Metzstein|
|Airdate:||18th May 2013|
Clara is summoned to an impossible conference call, alerting her that the deadly Whisper Men are closing in on Vastra, Jenny and Strax. Someone is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him toward the one place in all of time and space that he should never go. It’s a deadly trap that threatens to unravel his past, present and future...
- The mystrey of Clara is solved in this episode. Oswin Oswald (Asylum of the Daleks), Clara Oswin Oswald (The Snowmen) are two of the many versions of her fragmented across the Doctors timeline to save the Doctor from the G.I who had entered it to turn every victory into a defeat.
- The name of the episode was not about revealing his name but the meaning behind it leading up to the reveal of the forgotten Doctor (John Hurt).
- Strax, Vastra and Jenny who last appeared in "The Crimson Horror" return.
- A post Libary River Song returns.
- This is the last episode of Doctor Who that Caroline Skinner is credited as Excutive Producer for.
- The episode was leaked a week before broadcast because of an early shipment of Blu-rays to America.